We are currently planning APEX EXPO 2021, an in-person event in San Diego, CA. We are keeping the safety of our members, visitors, exhibitors and employees top of mind as we plan for the event while facing new considerations around attending conferences, conducting business and traveling to meetings. Just as your companies are innovating to overcome the challenges this pandemic presents; we are adapting to the evolving situation. And we want to ensure IPC APEX EXPO continues to help you make the connections you need to grow your business and your brand.
Because your health and safety are our top priority, we continue to evaluate and expand the measures we put in place. We are working closely with the San Diego Convention Center as they develop and implement their re-opening plans. We will ensure our plans follow the recommendations of public health experts and standards set by the federal, state and local governments.
San Diego Convention Center Commitment to Your Health & Well-being
We prioritize the health and safety of attendees, exhibitors, staff and business partners. Our team is committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness throughout our facility. Considering the dramatic changes to public health guidance due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have updated or enhanced many of our cleaning and safety protocols to help ensure the safety and security of everyone who walks through our doors. Current plans and protocols are outlined below. We expect to build on these plans as new information becomes available to us and as we continue preparing to reopen for meetings and events.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the building and in close proximity to every meeting room door. The touch-free stations dispense an alcohol-based disinfectant, PURELL® Advanced Hand Sanitizer Foam (70% Ethyl Alcohol Formulation).
- All touch-points are disinfected on a continual basis during event hours and overnight, using Oxivir® RTU or Oxivir® Wipes. Touch-points include stair and escalator handrails, door handles, door crash-bars, elevator and ATM buttons, house phones, concession stand counters and tables, cellphone/laptop charging stations, and common-area tables and benches.
- Restrooms are regularly and thoroughly disinfected during event hours using Virex® or Oxivir®. Restrooms feature touch-free soap dispensers, sink faucets, toilet fixtures, urinal fixtures, paper-towel dispensers, toilet paper dispensers and hand dryers. The touch-free designs reduce cross-contamination and encourage better hygiene.
- Capacity charts for all exhibit halls, ballrooms, and meeting rooms will be revised to allow for physical distancing standards.
- All public areas will be configured to include wider aisles and orderly queues, where needed. Some walkways will be designated “one way.”
- Where possible, public access doors will be designated as either entrance or exit only, to limit cross pedestrian traffic and personal contact.
Food & Beverage
All catering operations have been assessed and updated to align with best practices for safety and hygiene. Protocols include, but are not limited to:
- All employees must complete health questionnaires at the beginning of each shift and wear hairnets, gloves, hats and gloves.
- All food will be served as individual portions. Pre-packaged snacks are available instead of dessert trays.
- Attendants are required to pour coffee at stations.
- Bar offerings are limited to packaged beer, wine, and cocktails only.
- Bulk water will no longer be available in meeting rooms. Bottled water is available at lecterns and any additional water service needs can be provided through Centerplate, our food and beverage provider.
- Kitchens have been redesigned to meet physical distancing standards.
- Print and digital signage in public areas, including restrooms, reminds guests of important hygiene measures and physical distancing.
SDCC Staff Protocols & Training
- All employees are wearing face masks until further notice; some staff wear additional personal protective equipment suitable for their duties.
- All employees receive COVID-19 awareness training and continuous education for their roles.
- All employees, including part-time staff, have access to paid time off. We instruct our employees to stay home when they feel ill, and to inform our Human Resources team immediately if they are aware of any possible exposure to COVID-19.
All disinfectants are on the EPA’s Registered Antimicrobial Products for use against COVID-19:
- Diversey Virex® II 256 One Step Disinfectant-(EPA REG. NO. 70627-24)
- Diversey Oxivir® 1 RTU-(EPA REG. NO. 70627-74)
- Diversey Oxivir® 1 Wipes-(EPA REG. NO. 70627-77)
- Kaibosh® Disinfectant-(EPA REG. NO. 10324-93-71665)
- PURELL® Advanced Hand Sanitizer Foam 5392-02 (70% Ethyl Alcohol Formulation)
Last updated 4/28/2020. We are closely monitoring further guidance from the CDC, WHO, the California Department of Public Health and the San Diego County Department of Public Health. We will continue to update this page as we prepare to reopen for events.