Booth Space Selection Guidelines
An exhibitor must be either a manufacturer or independent representative of a manufacturer that produces products related to the topics covered in the event's technical programs, or that are used in relevant ancillary work, such as trade publications, associations, etc. Companies must have products that target the respective show audience to exhibit in the respective event and designated area.
IPC APEX EXPO is a co-located event, with electronics assembly exhibitors in the IPC APEX area, and suppliers to bare board manufacturing in the IPC EXPO area. Exhibitors must select booth space within their designated area during the Initial Booth Space Assignment.
The space assigned is to be used solely for the exhibitor whose name appears on the application and it is agreed that the applicant will not assign, sublet or apportion the whole or any part of the space allotted. International Booth Pavilions are exempt from this rule.
IPC (Exhibition Management) reserves the sole right to determine the eligibility of a product for display, and to deny participation to any company whose products or services are determined to be inappropriate for the exhibition.
Lottery Number Selection
Contracted exhibitors participating in the 2017 event were invited to draw a lottery number at show site, for eligibility in the 2018 IPC APEX EXPO Initial Booth Space Selection process. Trade and ancillary companies are exempt from drawing a lottery number. Lottery numbers cannot be exchanged between companies nor reassigned.
The Booth Space Selection Process Is Conducted In Three Tiers
Tier 1: 2017 IPC APEX EXPO Exhibitors that drew a Lottery Number during IPC APEX EXPO 2017, and returned a contract along with a 25% non-refundable deposit by April 21, 2017. Booth selection will take place in sequential order by lottery number selected.
Tier 2: 2017 IPC APEX EXPO Exhibitors that did NOT draw a lottery number during IPC APEX EXPO 2017, but returned a contract along with a 25% non-refundable deposit by April 21, 2017. Booth selection will take place AFTER Tier 1 exhibitors in the order in which contracts with deposits are received (first come, first served basis).
Tier 3: Companies that did not exhibit at the 2017 event, nor eligible to draw a lottery number but returned a contract and non-refundable deposit by April 21, 2017. Booth selection will take place AFTER Tier 2 exhibitors in the order in which contracts with deposits are received (first come, first served basis).
Initial Booth Space Selection Process
Initial booth space selection will be conducted online during the week of June 5, 2017. Each company will be assigned a specific day and time for booth space selection which is based on lottery number. The initial booth space selection schedule and floor plan will be available in late May 2017. This information will be e-mailed to the primary contact listed on the exhibit space contract.
Since the floor plan and respective booth inventory are created based on contracts and deposits received, companies may not increase or decrease from the originally contracted booth size until after initial booth space selection.
Floor Plan and Booth Preferences
Each year's floor plan is unique, based on a combination of lottery numbers, the number of returned contracts received with deposits, as well as operational requirements for move-in and move-out, overall traffic flow, overall facility structures and regulations. A detailed floor plan including booth numbers and various configurations will be available on the event website in late May 2017. The primary contact listed on the contract will be contacted when the 2017 floor plan is available. Companies may not increase or decrease their contracted booth size until after the Initial Booth Space Selection is completed.
IPC APEX EXPO is a co-located event with dedicated areas on the show floor. Your booth choices must be in the portion of the show for which your company qualifies:
- IPC APEX (Electronics Assembly): aisles starting at the 900 odd through 3900
- IPC EXPO (Suppliers to Bare Board Manufacturing): aisles starting at 100 through 900 even
Up to April 21, 2017:
$24.00 per square foot, IPC Member rate
After April 21, 2017:
$28.00 per square foot, IPC Member rate
*Signed contracts for the 2018 IPC APEX EXPO Initial Booth Space Selection to be held during the week of June 5, 2017, must be submitted to IPC with a minimum 25% non-refundable deposit by April 21, 2017. Contracts and deposits must be received by IPC on or before April 21, 2017—not simply postmarked by this date.
Up to April 21, 2017: 25% non-refundable deposit & contract secures booth space and participation in the initial booth space selection
After April 21, 2017: 50% non-refundable deposit and contract secures booth space on a first-come, first served basis - after initial booth space selection
|September 15, 2017: 75% installment due (100% paid)||September 15, 2017: 50% installment due (100% paid)|
Only one annual IPC membership discount allowed per IPC APEX EXPO event. If IPC membership lapses prior to the 2018 event, Non-Member Rates will apply.
Cancellation of space made in writing on or before September 15, 2017 will result in a charge of 50% of the total cost of the space assigned. If a request for downsizing is received in writing on or before September 15, 2017, a 50% refund of the price differential will apply. Notification of downsizing or cancellation received after the dates specified above will not be subject to refund of any portion of the differential. IPC reserves the right to relocate the booth of the Exhibiting Company requesting downsizing.
Delinquent Payment Penalty
IPC reserves the right to apply a $6.00 per square foot penalty for any company that is not paid in full by September 15, 2017.
- Booths may be combined to create a booth if it maintains the integrity of the aisles and complements overall traffic flow.
- Booths may not be divided until after the initial space selection and are divided at the sole discretion of Exhibition Management.
- Booths may not be combined across aisles. Booths may not be combined to create end-caps.
- Exhibition Management may change a booth configuration based on safety concerns raised by the fire marshal.
- In-Line Booth (exhibit space with exhibit booths on one or two sides and back, in a straight line). 8'3" maximum height.
- Perimeter Booth (in-line booth located on the outer, perimeter wall of the exhibit floor). 12' maximum height.
- Peninsula Booth (exhibit space, 400 sq. ft. or greater, and is at least 20 ft. in both length and width, with aisles on 3 sides). Peninsula booths must back-wall another peninsula booth or a perimeter wall. 16' maximum height.
- Island Booth (exhibit space, 400 sq. ft. or greater, with aisles on four sides). 20' maximum height.
- End cap booths are not allowed.
Booth Sizes and Dimensions
- 10' x 10' (100 sq. ft.) is the smallest booth available.
- 10' x 10' (100 sq. ft.) booths can be combined in the same aisle to create 10' x 20', 10' x 30', and 10' x 40' configurations.
- 20' x 40' (800 sq. ft.) is the maximum booth size allowed for companies without equipment.
- 30' x 50' (1,500 sq. ft.) is the maximum booth size allowed for companies displaying equipment in IPC EXPO.
- 60’ x 100’ (6,000 sq. ft.) is the maximum booth size allowed for companies displaying equipment in APEX.
- Odd-sized booths are highly discouraged.
IPC Show Management reserves the right to add, modify, enhance or delete any guideline, rule, and/or policy. All guidelines, rules and policies will be applied equally and fairly to all companies.