Your health and safety is IPC’s top priority. We continue to evaluate and expand the measures we put in place. We are working closely with the San Diego Convention Center as they develop and implement their re-opening plans. We will ensure our plans follow the recommendations of public health experts and standards set by the federal, state and local governments. Please check back for more COVID-19 updates.
Because your safety is our number one priority, IPC will be implementing the following for IPC APEX EXPO 2021:
- Daily temperature checks
- Hands-free greeting
- Measures to ensure social distancing
- Limiting capacity in meeting rooms (in addition to registering for the event, each conference session, professional development course and committee meetings will require advance registration to reserve your spot for these meetings).
- Distributing complimentary facemasks and hand sanitizers
- Providing supplemental hand sanitizer stations throughout the meetings area and exhibit hall
- Signage displaying the practice of handwashing, hands-free greeting policy, reminders to practice social distancing
San Diego Convention Center Commitment to Your Health & Well-being
In July 2020, the San Diego Convention Center became one of the first convention centers in the United States to achieve the prestigious GBAC STAR™ facility accreditation. Under the guidance of the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC), SDCC is implementing a program of stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention.
Centerplate, the in-house caterer for the San Diego Convention center recently became the first of Centerplate's North American venues to achieve the Rise SAFE hygiene verification label for food and beverage services. To earn the label, our catering team passed a site audit and protocol review covering 36 checkpoints in four core areas: process, people/training, facilities, and hygiene/cleaning. Rise SAFE is managed by Centerplate’s parent company, Sodexo, and Bureau Veritas, an independent world leader in testing, inspection, and certification.
For more information on the San Diego Convention Center’s safety protocols and certified protocols, please visit the San Diego Convention Center website.